All internet user are familiar with Shockwave Flash or SWF files. SWF files are used extensively to show the graphics, animations, menus, games on the web page. SWF files can contains vector graphics, video, sound and text. You need a adobe flash player plugin to view SWF files.
SWF Tools are set of free software tools released under GPL which allows you to modify, extract and create SWF files and they are available for Windows, Linux and Mac OS (that’s the beauty of open source/free software).
SWFTools is collection of following tools:
- SWFC: This is the tool for creating SWF Files, it has support for action script as well.
- RFXSWF Library: You can use this library with Ming ActionCompiler to create SWF Files.
- JPEG2SWF: Creates SWF files from set of JPEG files
- PNG2SWF: Creates SWF files from set of PNG files
- WAV2SWF: Creates SWF files from a wave file using LAME encoder
- PDF2SWF: Converts PDF files to SWF animation
- GIF2SWF: Converts GIF files to SWF files
- AVI2SWF: Converts AVI files to SWF Files
- FONT2SWF: Convert Fonts to SWF
- SWFCombine: Create a wrapper SWF around set of existing SWFs
- SWFBBox: Allows to readjust SWF bounding boxes
- SWFStrings: Allows you to see text data in SWF file
- SWFDump: Provide details information of SWF file
- SWFExtract: Allows you to extract video, sound (wave, mp3), pictures from the SWF file
Pre-compiled binaries are available for windows along with source code, however, you need to compile it from source on other operating systems. Please refer to FAQ Page for detailed information about tools required for compilation and compilation process. Documentation for all the tools is also available on there website.
Links Related to This Post: