When I changed the theme last time the main reason was readability and interestingly this time also I am changing the theme for the same reason. I usually use laptop or LCD screen to view my blog and it was never appeared to me that I should have checked the same theme on CRT screen as well. I happened to view my blog using CRT screen and it was not readable. The contrast and font size was making it very difficult to read. So I decided to give it a new look again. This time I am giving up on my obsession for orange color 🙂 and opted for no nonsense theme.
What is in it for you:
The new theme is Twenty Ten and I have chose this theme because:
- It has bigger font
- It uses only four colors and they are White (Text Background), Black (Text Color), Blue (Not visited links) and Purple (Visited links) which gives it a good old plain HTML look and very good contrast.
- It also has an option to select the background color, which helped me to improve the contrast even further.
- It has 1 side bar and 4 bottom bars. I have used the side bar for widgets of general interest and bottom bars for not so general widgets.
- This division of widgets will give you clutter free experience, keeping things you need frequently easily accessible.
- It has custom menu and I have used it to allow selection of frequently used categories based on the history.
- This theme looks same while editing the post so that I can make out how the end result will look like while preparing a post.
I hope it will improve your experience, you are most welcome to provide your suggestions.